The Planning and Zoning Division oversees all community planning and zoning activities of the city. Department staff facilitates and guides development proposals through the review process and coordinate any approvals with other city departments. Division services include day-to-day administration of the Municipal Zoning Code, implementation of the Comprehensive Master Plan, review of site plans and consideration of land subdivisions. The division also guides property owners on planning, zoning and development issues and researches answers to planning, zoning, and economic development questions posed by the public.
The Planning and Zoning Division also provides development-related staff support to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen and primary staff support for the Planning Commission.
Get started with our Citizenserve Public Portal now.
- Sign Permit $100.00
- Preliminary & Final Plat (5 lots and under) $100.00
- Preliminary & Final Plats (over 5 lots) $400.00
- Zoning Certificate for Accessory Buildings, Carports and Pools $50.00
- Rezoning $100.00
- Special Exception (Use on Appeals) $50.00
- Variance $50.00
- Administrative Appeal $50.00
- Annexation $100.00
- Cell Tower Application $500.00
- Historic Zoning (Cert. of Appropriateness) Application NO COST
City of McMinnville
Community Development Department
101 East Main Street/P.O. Box 7088
McMinnville, TN 37111