- Comply with Tennessee’S Open Records Law (C.P.A. § 10-7-504 et se.) by permitting the inspection and copying of the public records of the City of McMinnville.
- Provide access to the City of McMinnville's public records, and copies of those records, to public officials charged with legislative and administrative duties under the town’s charter or municipal code, and other county, state and federal officials.
- Preserve the confidentiality of public records that are confidential under the Tennessee Open Records Law (C.P.A. 10-7-504 et se.).
- Protect public records from damage or disorganization.
- Balance the allocation of personnel to records inspection and copying duty against the prevention of excessive interference with other essential functions of the town.
Open Records Request form (Downloadable)