By: Patty Allen (757) 646-1037
Puppy/Dog Training Classes
Puppy / Dog Training Classes are for dogs with no prior training or as a brush-up. These courses can be challenging but it will help you get your dog under control and well on its way to becoming an enjoyable companion. You will learn all of the basic commands but more importantly you will begin to establish leadership, set boundaries, and learn when and when not to reward your dog. As you learn together you will begin to develop a strong bond with your dog who needs and wants a leader and this class will get you on the right track to play that role in its life. You will receive homework each week to help you implement what you have learned in class. DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR PUP!!!
For class days and times please contact Patty Allen at (757) 646-1037 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Patty is fairly flexible and can work with you to set up a class that works for you.
Students will be required to bring the following to class:
- Current Shot Records: All dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations based on their veterinarian's recommendations.
- A Collar and Leash
- Dog Treats
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS ALLOWED IN CLASS OR DOGS IN HEAT.
McMinnville Parks and Recreation is excited to work with Patty Allen to provide quality pet instruction to its citizens. Here are a few of Patty's many qualifications.
- Certified Dog Trainer and Graduate of Animal Behavior College Level 1 and Level 2.
- Certified Evaluator of Therapy Dogs International, Inc. ( TDI )
- Certified Evaluator of American Kennel Club ( AKC ) which includes the AKC-STAR Puppy Program , the AKC Canine Good Citizen ( CGC ) Program, the AKC Urban Canine Good Citizen ( CGCU ) Program and the AKC Community Canine ( CGCA ) Program.
- You can learn more about Patty Allen and for full class discriptions click here.