Each household within the city limits is provided a 96-gallon container that is emptied each week by automated garbage trucks. The city has two automated trucks that operate Monday through Friday to collect solid waste. Trash should be bagged and in the container with the lid closed. If the household requires an additional container, it is provided at the cost of $50.00 non-refundable and a monthly increase of $8.93 to your bill. Containers should be placed curbside by 7:00 am the day of pickup. The container should not be set within 4 feet of anything (mailboxes, electric poles, vehicles, etc.)
For questions pertaining to residential solid waste collection phone 931.473.2553.
These are examples of garbage that will not be emptied. Please be sure that your cart closes and that the garbage is in a bag.
- Holiday Schedule for Collections
- Residential Collection
- Special Pick-ups
- Hazardous Materials
- Disposal of Medications
- Services for New Residents
- Commercial Waste Collections
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE FOR
RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION
JANUARY 2020 – JANUARY 2021
|Holiday||Will be picked up on|
|Dr. Martin Luther King Day||Tuesday, January 21, 2020|
|President's Day||Tuesday, February 18, 2020|
|Good Friday||Monday, April 21, 2020|
|Memorial Day||Tuesday, May 26, 2020|
|Independence Day||Monday, July 6, 2020|
|Labor Day||Tuesday, September 8, 2020|
|Columbus Day||Tuesday, October 13, 2020|
|Veteran's Day||Thursday, November 12, 2020|
|Thanksgiving Day||Friday, November 27, 2020|
|Christmas Day||Monday, December 28, 2020|
|New Year's Day||Monday, January 4, 2021|
SERVICES FOR NEW RESIDENTS
- New residents will receive the city’s sanitation services when water service is connected to the residence. To find out the scheduled pick-up day in your area call 931.473.2553.
COMMERCIAL COLLECTION SERVICES
- The City of McMinnville provides waste collection services to local businesses and industries for a monthly fee. For more information call 931.473.2553.
- Household material that is too bulky for your 96-gallon roll-out cart such as appliances or furniture will be collected separately by a special truck. Call 931.473.2553 to schedule a special pick-up.
- Highly flammable, combustible, explosive or hazardous materials shall not be placed in containers for regular collection. Call 931.473.2553 for suggestions about disposal.