City of McMinnville Downtown Wireless Access
Acceptable Use Policy
The public Downtown Wi-Fi provides access to the Internet on an “as is” basis with all the risks inherent in such access. The Providers of this service make no warranty that the service or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the service is free from viruses, Trojan horses, or other harmful components. By connecting, the User acknowledges and accepts the risks associated with public access to the Internet and public use of an unsecured wireless network.
This agreement prohibits uses and activities involving the service that are illegal, infringe the rights of others, or interfere with or diminish the use and enjoyment of the service by others.
By using this service, you agree to abide by, and require others using this service via your account and/or hardware to abide by the terms of this agreement. Your violation of this agreement may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your access to this service. The Providers reserve the right to suspend or terminate any User’s access to this service at any time at their sole discretion.
This Policy is a guide to the acceptable use of the public Downtown Wi-Fi access given by the City of McMinnville. Any individual connected to the wireless network in order to use it directly, or to connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy and the stated purposes and Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used. The following is a general guideline and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all possible uses and abuses. The City of McMinnville reserves the right to block any content at their sole discretion.
- Users must respect the privacy of others. Users shall not intentionally seek information on, or represent themselves as, another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that Nor shall Users obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- Users must respect the legal protection applied to programs, data, photographs, music, written documents and other material as provided by copyright, trademark, patent, licensure and other proprietary rights mechanisms.
- The Services may not be used to access content containing any form of pornography.
- Users must respect the integrity of other public or private computing and network Users shall not intentionally develop or use programs that harass other users or infiltrate any other computer, computing system or network and/or damage or alter the software components or file systems of a computer, computing system or network.
- Use should be consistent with guiding ethical statements and accepted community Use of the Services for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is not acceptable.
- No attempt shall be made to intercept traffic or information of other users on the network.
- The Services may not be used in ways that violate applicable laws or regulations.
- The Services may not be used in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers network access by others. Nor may the Services be used in a manner that significantly impairs access to other networks connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Connections which create routing patterns that are inconsistent with the effective and shared use of the Services may not be established.
- Unsolicited advertising is not acceptable. Advertising is permitted on some Web pages, mailing lists, news groups and similar environments if advertising is explicitly allowed in that environment.
- Repeated, unsolicited and/or unwanted communication of an intrusive nature is strictly Continuing to send e-mail messages or other communications to an individual or organization after being asked to stop is not acceptable.
- By logging on, you agree to hold the City of McMinnville harmless for any damages that may result from access to the Internet or inappropriate usage.